Robert J. Arleo, M.D.
Dr. Robert Arleo obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Hofstra University where he graduated Cum Laude and was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. He received his Doctor of Medicine from the State University of New York (SUNY) Health Science Center, Brooklyn New York where he graduated Magna Cum Laude and was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He completed his internship in Internal Medicine and Residency in Ophthalmology at the SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse. Dr. Arleo started practice in Ithaca, New York in 1994 and became Board Certified in Ophthalmology in 1995 by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Arleo has been a Clinical Investigator for Alcon Laboratories has been participated in many FDA trials for surgical products and medications that are now commonly used.
He has lectured internationally on cataract instruments and techniques.
Clinical Interest / Practice Focus
Cataract & Implant / General Ophthalmology
Professional Societies and Organizations
– Certified, American Board of Ophthalmology, 1995
– Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
– Fellow, American College of Surgeons
– Member, American Medical Association
– Member, Medical Society of the State of New York
– Member, Tompkins County Medical Society
– Member, New York State Ophthalmologic Society
– Member, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
– Member, Contact Lens Association of Ophthalmologists
– Member, CAPA Board of Directors, 2021